Basic information about Visa at KMUTNB for International Student

Thailand Education Visa for Studying (Non-Immigrant ED)

  • In case of student is in their own country:

Contact the nearest Thai embassy or consulate and request to apply for a non-immigrant visa code “ED” (Education visa). The KMUTNB acceptance letter (English letter) should be shown for the purpose of coming to Thailand. Please note that student must enter to Thailand with an ED visa; DO NOT apply for a tourist visa.


  • In case of student is in Thailand with another kind of visa (such as visa on arrival, tourist visa):

The student must apply for a visa status alteration (Application fee of 2,000 THB) to change for an ED visa. In order to process a status alteration, the current visa should be at least 15 days valid. Then, apply the visa status alteration form TM.86 along with an acceptance letter (English letter) and the KMUTNB letter of visa application (Thai letter issued by KMUTNB). Otherwise the student must leave Thailand to process the ED visa application in any Thai embassy or consulate. The procedure will take about a few business days up to one week. Once ED visa is issued, the student can return to Thailand to begin school his/her study.

The example of Visa Non-Immigrant ED


***ED visa extension (Form TM.7)

  • Once international student enters to Thailand with ED visa, the visa will allow you to stay in Thailand for 90 days. Student who would like to stay over 90 days must do visa extension before its expiration.
  • To process the visa extension, student has to contact your faculty to issue the Thai official letter for visa extension signed by the president/dean at least 3 weeks before the visa expiration date.

Required documents:  

  • Immigration Form (TM.7) download form at
  • Copy of passport every stamped page
  • (For full-time students) Copy of student ID card + enrollment document of the current semester
  • A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph
  • 1,900 baht application fee
  • (Your faculty will issue this letter) A Thai official letter for visa extension signed by the president/dean. The document must contain the following details of the applicants: Name, Nationality, Passport Number, Level of education, Total academic years, Curriculum, and Funding.

Notation: student must apply in person at the immigration office (Chaeng Wattana) before the visa expiration date and it is the responsibility of individual student to follow visa expiration date and make appropriate extension on time.

The example of Visa expiration date


***90-day reports (Form TM.47)

  • After getting the extension, student will be allowed to stay further in Thailand for the duration of study but not more than a year. The 90 day reports to Immigration are required to report your current address every 90 days. (You may report in advance for 15 days before the due date).
  • However, The 90 day reports is not equal to a visa extension and if you leave Thailand anytime during the 90-day period, then the day count will restart from 1 upon your re-entry into Thailand.
  • Filing the 90-days report is easy. You can report to Thai Immigration Bureau either in person or by registered mail. More information : > Notification of staying over 90 days

The example of 90-days Reports (Form TM.47)


Re-entry permit (Form TM.8)

The international student who would like to travel outside of Thailand during the valid period of Non-immigrant visa ED visa should obtain a re-entry stamp before leaving. (Application fee is 1,000 Baht for single re-entry and 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entries)

IMPORTANT: You cannot leave Thailand without Re-entry permit otherwise you will lose Non-immigrant visa ED visa status and you will have to redo the whole procedure to get visa status

The example of Re-entry permit